Each plasma cutter comes with some typical features and one or more special highlight(s). You might be committed to plasma cutting on a daily basis or it’s just one of your hobbies. Either way, you’re going to make a choice, and that depends on why and how often you want to use the machine.
High-end and mid-priced models work fine for both hobbyists and professionals, and budget models are good too but only if you’re ready to accept some constraints, such as modest cut capacities, duty cycle, etc. However, those limitations are practically acknowledgeable when it’s a regular and demanding job.
The LT5000D Inverter Plasma Cutter is a popular name among penny wise customers who don’t have any distinguished preference other than regular metal cutting and basic detailing. This LOTOS LT5000D review discusses the key features along with the day-to-day experience you might have with the unit.
Introducing LOTOS LT5000D Plasma Machine
- ★ 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐥𝐲 𝐔𝐩𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐏𝐂𝐁 𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝 & 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐡: Enhanced with 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐈𝐆𝐁𝐓𝐬, delivering a remarkable 25% increase in cutting power output compared to standard 50-amp plasma cutters. The advanced control systems and precision cutting flames of the newly designed torch ensure high-precision cuts with smooth and fine cut lines. Experience faster cutting speeds without compromising accuracy.
- ★ 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞 & 𝐚𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐰 𝐂𝐨𝐬𝐭: Newly designed upgraded torch and consumables guarantee enhanced precision cutting and increased durability, leading to a much longer consumable lifespan. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬. The compact plasma cutter features a convenient handle for portability. It utilizes non-hazardous compressed air to effortlessly cut through various materials, including stainless steel, alloy steel, mild steel, copper, aluminum.
- ★ 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝟏 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐞: The pre-installed NPT 1/4" industry-type D plug and air filter regulator enable seamless connection to your air compressor using the existing stand coupler. Setting up the entire machine is effortless and can be completed within 1 minute. ★ 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭-𝐌𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫: Emphasize the significance of pressure adjustment for attaining precise cutting. Ensures a 100% Air Leakage-Free Guarantee.
- ★ 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭: we offer a 𝟑𝟎 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲-𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞 & 𝐚 𝟏-𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐲 along with a 𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝟑-𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐲 covered by our US based lifetime technical support. To avail the warranty, please submit the warranty registration form on our website. 𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐔𝐒𝐀-𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 dedicated customer service team is readily available to assist you through phone or email.
- ★ 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐩𝐮𝐭 & 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞: 10-50A DC output, 1/2” ideal clean cut and 3/4” maximum severance cut under 220/240V. 10-35A DC output, 1/3" ideal clean cut and 2/5" maximum severance cut under 110/120V. ★ 𝐏𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐬: Power supply, Plasma cutting torch, ground clamp, Pre-installed NPT 1/4” industry type D plug and Air filter regulator, consumables, Instruction Manual, etc.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
The LT5000D is a portable plasma machine offering everything from 50 A power outputs and technical specs to cutting capacities up to 1/2″ and duty cycle rated at 60%; within an acceptable standard considering the price it comes at.
The package includes a 9’9″ 3 prong torch, ground cable and clamp, air regulator and filter, air hose connections (clamps and couplers), air hose, and user manual.
LOTOS LT5000D shares many similarities with a costlier upgrade, LTP5000D which comes with a pilot arc to allow the operator to avoid having the torch in direct contact with the workpiece. It gradually leads to longer consumable life. For a more budget friendly option you can go for the LT3500.
Who Is LOTOS LT5000D for?
People who can’t think of anything besides professional jobs will probably look elsewhere. This unit is kind of cool for the rest of those who need to stay on budget and intend to do simple/basic plasma cutting, especially at home or personal work or repair shops.
Problem You Might Face
Since you won’t have a pilot arc and it doesn’t offer any exclusive function for aluminum which is just one of the several metals it cuts, you’ve got a couple of things to know about.
Using the Torch
Do this in two steps. Get the tip of the torch into direct/proper contact with the edge of the metal being cut. You need a pre-drilled pilot hole for cutting thicker metals in which case, you have to bring the tip in contact with that hole. Now, you can start the job by press the designated button.
Once you’ve started cutting; it’s time to ensure that the copper tip and the metal being cut aren’t into a direct contact. Keep the torch inclined and maintain a gap of 1 mm in between the copper tip and the metal. It’ll help you protect that tip from quick damages.
Cutting Aluminum and Rusty Metal
Regardless of what the manufacturer says about the unit’s ability to cut aluminum, you shouldn’t choose anything thicker than 1/4 inch in general and 3/8 inch in particular (where slow speed doesn’t hurt).
While cutting rusty metal, spend a few moments to clean the surface first because the existing one wouldn’t be helpful as you hope to have clean and smooth cuts.
- A purpose-built plasma cutter for budget-conscious buyers
- Inverter technology for lightweight design yet improved functions and digital read-out for saving guesswork
- MOSFET transistors for increased current output for cutting thick and hard material
- Excellent duty cycle for allowing extended plasma cutting sessions
- Pulse-Width-Modulation (PWM) for an efficient control of the current flow through the motor
- PAPST Cooling System for cooling the unit quickly and safely
- Presumably brief lifespan (Not a suitable choice for those who don’t want something for a short-term support)
LOTOS LT5000D review: Features and Benefits
LOTOS plasma cutters aren’t usually left without some smart innovations. LT5000D isn’t an exception. The following discussion focuses on each feature and component that contributed to its being so well-liked.
Cut Capacities and Performance
Preferred metals for plasma cutting include steel, aluminum, copper, alloy, and other metals. For this unit, best results come with steel and aluminum.
- For 10-gauge mild steel, cut thickness can be 1/4″, 3/8″ (recommended), 1/2″, and 5/8″ (maximum)
- For 10-gauge stainless steel, it can be 1/4″, 3/8″ (recommended), and 1/2″ (maximum)
- For aluminum, thickness can be 1/8″, 1/4″ (recommended), 3/8″, and 1/2″ (maximum)
Special Technologies and Components
LT5000D comes as a result of the popular inverter technology being combined with MOSFET transistors for a lightweight transformer which results in improved operational efficiency.
Pulse-Width Modulation helps keep the amplitude of the voltage constant to ensure that the motor remains at its full strength all the time. Dual Voltage enables the machine to use 220 V 50/60 Hz or 110 V 50/60 Hz directly in connection with a pigtail that doesn’t come included.
Duty Cycle and Power Output
Rated duty cycle is 60% at 50 amps using both 110V and 220V, and the current output ranges from 10 amps to 50 amps. So, you can get 6 minutes of continuous cutting before leaving the unit for cooling for 4 minutes.
Some of the features may not seem very special to you, but they’ll improve your experience during day-to-day works. The Digital read-out system displays precise information leaving no need for assuming any approximate number.
There’s a ‘Problem Indicator LED’ which does exactly as its name suggests. It lets you know when to shut off the system and check on its components for potential problems. You can adjust the cutting current to suit to the specific demands of the task at hand.
The unit has an internal cooling system that works when the machine gets heated due to an exhausted duty cycle.
What’s your key consideration about LOTOS 50A Inverter Plasma Cutter – just a plasma cutter for beginners or a reliable metalworking tool for occasional uses?
One way or another, both ideas are appropriate and specific to your individual expectations. You can’t have it running like a souped-up machine. But, its usability can be as good as a budget-friendly model gets.
Its cut thickness and speed can’t be as impressive as those of a sophisticated model, but they’re still admissible for users who needn’t put their units into action more than once or twice a week. Hopefully, you can make a move now.
Click here to check the unit’s latest price!